What is the Scary Train?
It’s a ScaryTrain ride and more nerve rattling, heart pumping, exciting experiences including woods trails, haunted houses, and other mazes of frights! Experience 5 FULL Attractions and more at Kirby Farm on weekend nights in October! 2023 will be our BIGGEST season ever!
1) ScaryTrain: Climb aboard our Historic 1800’s Locomotive & Railroad. Clyde shares the darker tales of life on the rails as you pass the mysterious boxcars. Next stories from the Circus right as you travel by the iconic Circus Train. Finally the train travels along in the wilderness of Florida where Conductor Clyde shares the legend of the Florida Skunk Ape. Rumor has it, there has been a recent sighting! What will you encounter? Will Clyde protect you, or will he use you as bait? Be prepared to discover if the tales of the Florida Skunk Ape are real or not!
*Intensity Level: Mild. We have observed even the biggest scaredy cats enjoying the ghost stories while experiencing history aboard this authentic train ride.
2) Clown Woods: You’ll be pointed down a hidden path into the woods. Watch out for troops of Crazy Clowns taking over the woods. They say the Clowns have built a hidden compound full of twists and turns that CHANGES every single year! These Clowns are so demented they don't like each other, much less visitors!
*Intensity Level: Wild. Each season this attraction wrecks people. We have actually witnessed grown men who pee'd themselves.
3) Trailer Park: You’ll be an unwelcome visitor when you enter the World Famous "Trailer Park". Tenants come and go, who, or what will be your neighbor this year? Get ready as you wind your way in and out through the old trailers, buses, motor homes, and more. Don't worry there is always new and old tenants waiting for you!
Inteesity Level: Wild. Another crazy adventure through the trailer park that is full of surprises.
4) Possum Hollar: This haunt was a Brand-New hit last year! A crowd favorite, it's back with some new surprises! There are rumors of Mutant Possum people living in a hidden town in the woods. They are the infected victims of a giant Opossum that escaped years ago from an illegal animal test facility. He grew to an enormous size! Now he wants revenge on any human he can catch! Hike through the woods in search of the town, but how do you leave the town if you find it? Only one way out, through the caves and tunnels Big Daddy has dug himself!
Intensity Level: Wild: Don't take your children through this. They will have nightmares about possums for the rest of their life!
5) ??? *NEW for 2023* Just wait until we reveal the details on this BRAND-NEW haunted attraction! We will announce details soon!
Intensity Level: Wild: This is definitely one folks will be chickening out on.
6) Bonus Haunt-Danowski's Dungeon: In memory of our own Tim Danowski, this Mini-haunt takes you through an old-school experience just like when you were trick or treating as kids. Everything you see were Tim's personal home haunt decorations as we recreate an epic garage haunt like "that one guy" (or family) in the neighborhood. You didn't just go up and ring the doorbell, you had to make your way through the garage turned haunted house.
Intensity Level: Moderate: Can you make it through that one crazy family's garage haunt in the neighborhood each year? If you said Yes, then you can handle this one.
7) Bonus Haunt-Hearse Hunt *New for 2023*: Do you have what it takes to wander through dozens of funeral coaches searching for you way out of the maze before the Zombies find you?!
Intensity Level: Mild to Wild: It just depends on if the Zombies find you or not while you are working your way through the maze to find your way out.
8) Live Show: New for 2023! A Live Show! Rockabilly Roxie’s Molten Monstrosities: Rockabilly Roxie’s Molten Monstrosities are performing LIVE on the main stage in front of the Train station! Burns, Blocks, and a Bed of Nails! Get ready for Freaks with Fire and more as they push the limits of InSaNiTy! (*Please note Saturday, October 28, this show will not be available due to scheduling conflicts. It will be available every other open dates, twice nightly.)
Plus Food booths, and watch out for the wandering and roaming creatures!
PLEASE READ ALL WARNINGS PRIOR TO REGISTRATION!
The ScaryTrain is an intense environment with darkness, gunfire, strobe lights, fog machines, fire, live reptiles, spiders, other critters, loud noises, and small spaces! You may get wet! You are not allowed to touch actors. Actors will not touch you, you may experience a duster, grabber, or other harmless prop. No guests, under any circumstances may enter the event area in costume or with any costume makeup on for the safety of our guest and Scare Squad members. This fundraising event on the farm is not recommended for small children.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Dates and Times of the ScaryTrain?
Saturday, September 30, 2023
Friday, October 6, 2023
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Friday, October 13, 2023
Saturday, October 14, 2023
Friday, October 20, 2023
Saturday, October 21, 2023
Friday, October 27, 2023
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Sunday, October 29, 2023
Monday, October 30, 2023
Gates open at 7pm, attractions open at 7:30. The first train ride is scheduled to leave at 7:30 and runs approximately every half hour. Entry onto the farm closes at 9:00 pm. Last train ride is at 9:30 if necessary and gates close promptly at 10pm each evening.
How much are tickets and who needs one?
An all-inclusive combo pass is available in advance for $20.00. This event may not be suitable for small children. The all-inclusive Combo pass includes all 5 Scary main attractions, the ScaryTrain Ride with Clyde the Conductor, Clown Woods, The Trailer Park, Possum Hollar', Danowski's Dungeon Mini-Haunt, and a SURPRISE New Haunted Attraction, plus all additional entertainment! *Please note, these values are for advance tickets. If available, Gate pass will be $25.
Do you offer a Fast-Pass option?
By popular request, we offer a Fast-Pass. Fast-Pass together with your ticket will allow holder to advance to the front of the line. There is a VERY limited number of Fast-Passes available each night and we request an additional $10 for Fast-Pass option. Fast-Pass option is available in advance as well and will show up on the Ticket Order page.
Where do I get advance tickets?
You can get advance tickets by scrolling to the top of this page and just Click on a "TICKETS" button to be directed to a secure website. Event nights are subject to be SOLD OUT in advance. If you plan on waiting until the day of the event PLEASE check in advance for availability.
On a tight budget?
While we pride ourselves in being the best value for a full-size Scary Train experience in Florida, not to mention all the extras included in addition to the train ride, we realize some families are on a limited budget. We don’t want anyone to miss the opportunity to experience the Lost Railroad or any other event. We offer a Help us, help you program and it’s easy to participate. When you volunteer a day, you can receive an all-inclusive pass to use for yourself or share with someone else as a gift to come as our guest. Individuals, families, and groups are welcome.
For more details on the Help Us, Help You program, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does my ticket include?
Your ticket to The ScaryTrain includes entrance onto the farm, all 5 main attractions, and the mini haunt listed above!
Additional costs include any food, games, or souvenir purchases.
What are will-call tickets?
Guests may need to pick up their tickets at our will-call kiosks upon arrival. Our friendly volunteer family members will be on hand to assist with will-call tickets. Please have photo ID and confirmation number for verification.
What time should I arrive?
Gates open at 7:00pm. We cannot admit guests onto the farm or have food services available to you until 7:00pm. The first train leaves at approximately 7:30pm and run each half hour.
Where exactly is The Scary Train located?
It can be found at Kirby Family Farm, a 501c3 Not for Profit Educational farm and museum located in Williston, Florida. For travel directions, check out our Map & Directions at the top of this page.
Are there places to eat at the event?
You can expect to find a selection of snack and light meal food items from independent food vendors available for purchase, including sausages, hotdogs, ribbon fries, boiled peanuts, and more. We offer picnic tables to enjoy your meal. Some food vendors only accept cash so we recommend bringing a little extra cash for your visit.
May we bring our own coolers with food and drink?
Sorry, we do not permit coolers or outside food or beverages onto the Kirby Family Farm. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises.
What about large groups?
We are able to accommodate any size groups with advance registration. Bus access is available. Groups of 50 or more with advance registration can ride on their own railroad car, groups of 200 or more can ride on their own train. For groups of 20 or more we can arrange custom package values that can include meal vouchers and additional featured activities. We encourage large groups to arrive no later than 6:45 to be able to enjoy the first train ride out, enabling them to enjoy other activities as their schedule allows. Group reservations and additional information are available now by contacting us at email@example.com.
Are there any refunds or exchanges if I cannot attend? There are no refunds or exchange. All monies received are collected as a donation supporting the Kirby Family Farm educational organization and museum and its programs for at-risk and special needs children. We recommend that you verify your dates with family and friends before selecting tickets. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed. Due to overwhelming demand, tickets are only valid for the event, date, and time for which they were issued.
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
This event is rain or shine. We do everything in our power to remain open for all event dates. In the case of high winds we may not be able to offer all activities for safety reasons. No refunds or exchanges to those who are unable to attend their scheduled night due to weather conditions. In the rare case of a cancellation, we will post a notice online, as well as update our main phone recording at 352-812-7435. Refunds or Tickets for an upcoming date or future visit may be offered at the discretion of management in the event of a cancellation.
What can I bring with me?
Folding chairs and blankets are welcome. Profanity, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and firearms are not permitted on the premises. No pets are allowed. Smoking and Tobacco products of any kind are prohibited.
Is this event wheel chair and stroller accessible?
The train is wheelchair accessible. The other activities are very primitive and to complete the whole experience it requires crawling, narrow passages, complete darkness at times, and other limitations. We recommend you use discretion as it is a farm and the terrain is as such.
Kirby Family Farm is open year around offering its outreach programs and educational experiences. Like many other educational facilities and museums, periodically during the year the organization invites supporters to come out for themed events as our way to say Thank you, educate, and raise awareness about the programs and mission of Kirby Family Farm.
We take the opportunity of these themed events one step further and use them as a teaching and practice tool that enables the teens and young people we work with to interact with strangers in supervised settings. They help the youth to utilize and share their knowledge of our exhibits. We witness the results greatly help to develop life skills that will benefit them in the workforce and daily communication with others in common society settings.
The youth and all the volunteers are passionate and dedicated to offering an experience you can remember!
These events benefit the programs and development of Kirby Family Farm. Kirby Family Farm is a 501c3 educational facility working with at-risk and special needs children. Last year thousands children visited the farm through various programs and events at no cost, thanks in part to great folks like you who believe in the mission of Kirby Family Farm. So come out in support with your family and having a great time!
All monies received are collected as a donation supporting the cost and development of the Kirby Family Farm, a 501c3 educational organization.